Whether your local business is a hair salon or you teach guitar lessons, SEO can help drive customers to your door. Here are ten quick (under 30 minutes each) things you can do to improve your local SEO.
1. Craigslist.org works. Put up a listing and it’ll get indexed fast and there’s a good chance it’ll rank. Include a link to your website in the listing along with your phone number. Don’t spam.
2. Ask your local friends to link to your site.
3. Ask your customers to review you online.
4. Create a quick, short video describing you and your services/products and upload it to YouTube with an SEO-friendly title. Ex: Birmingham Hair Salon Hair Today Offers Cut, Color, Perm. You don’t need to spend money. This can literally be you talking into your webcam.
5. Make sure you’re getting credit online everything you do offline. Make sure every board you volunteer on, charity you donate to and organization you’re a member of links to you or at least mentions you online on their websites and/or social media.